Thursday, August 9, 2012

Oh, hey!

Hey everyone! Long time no see...

Ok, so the past few months have been pretty crazy. In the ideal world I would write a post about each of my 101 goals individually and as I complete them. However, as evidenced by the repeated extreme heat advisories this lovely Arizona summer contonutes to bring, this world is far from ideal. SO I am going to kill two five birds with one post...just go with the metaphor people. Since my last post I have complete the following goals: 

#1 - take the MCAT
#3 - apply to medical school
#7 - move out on my own
#30 - read Crazy Love
#43 - Go to Sushi Broker with Dad and Jon when he’s home for the summer.

I just got my MCAT scores back on Tuesday and I am so incredibly happy/relieved/excited to report that I scored within the accepted range for med school admission so I APPLIED TO MEDICAL SCHOOL. No big deal. ;-) 

No, but really. The entire test-prep and test-taking and test-waiting (notice a pattern here?...) was very stressful/scary/frustrating and I am so thankful to all my family and friends who stuck by me and continued to encourage and support me. You all are the best! And I honestly could not have successfully re-taken that stupid, dumb, good-for-nothing test without you all. So thanks. :-) 

While I was waiting for my MCAT results and working on apps, I made the move across our beloved valley of the sun. That's right folks, I am now officially a West Sider (cue slick backed Alley Cats and finger snaps). While the move was tough on me, make sure to keep Shannon and Greg in your thoughts and prayers. Now that I have vacated their residence, there will be no one there to forget to turn off the AC and eat their scrumptious leftovers. Also, their guest bathroom will be abnormally clean and hair-free. Like I said, be praying for them. To keep their minds off of my absence, they've been painting pottery and rearranging furniture. Needless to say, it has been ROUGH. ;-) But, in all seriousness, I loved living with them and while I'm super happy and excited to officially start acting like a grown-up (read as start paying for things like rent, electricity and cable) it will be weird living 50 miles away.

Goal #43 was of course a good time. My dad, Jon and I have a long history with Sushi Broker and it was fun being able to hang out there together and eat some really awesome food. Jon isn't home nearly enough anymore, so when he is, we try and make it count! 

Reading Crazy Love is something that has been on my list of things to do for a while. Now that I've read it, I am so grateful for What Francis Chan says with it. He truly challenges his readers and it is definitely something that will be worth re-reading. 

So, that is what I have been up to for the past month and a half! I promise not to take another blogging hiatus. Now that some major stressors have been alleviated, but more importantly, I finally remembered which email and password I need to to log into my blogger account, I will be back to my regular bloggity self. 

No comments: